A Phase I/II, Open-Label, Multi-Center, Prospective Study to Determine the Safety and Tolerability of Sub-retinal Transplantation of Human Embryonic Stem Cell Derived Retinal Pigmented Epithelial (MA09-hRPE) Cells in Patients With Stargardt's Macular Dystrophy (SMD)
Phase of Trial: Phase I/II
Latest Information Update: 01 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs MA09 retinal pigment epithelial cell replacement therapy-Advanced Cell Technology (Primary)
- Indications Stargardt disease
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Sponsors Ocata Therapeutics
- 03 Jun 2016 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.
- 21 Oct 2015 Planned End Date changed from 1 Sep 2015 to 1 Dec 2015, as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 24 Jun 2015 According to Ocata Therapeutics media release, pooled data from this and other four trials (see profiles 700243638, 700243711, 700255314, 700256343) has been presented as a Late Breaking Abstract at the International Society for Stem Cell Research (ISSCR) 13th Annual Meeting.