A Phase III, Multicentre, Randomised, Double-Blind Comparative Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Ceftaroline Fosamil (600 mg Every 8 Hours) vs Vancomycin Plus Aztreonam in the Treatment of Patients With Complicated Bacterial Skin and Soft Tissue Infections With Evidence of Systemic Inflammatory Response or Underlying Comorbidities.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Ceftaroline fosamil (Primary) ; Aztreonam; Vancomycin
- Indications Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections; Skin and soft tissue infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 01 Sep 2016 Results published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy
- 30 Mar 2016 Protocol amended as time frame of primary endpoint changed from 8-15 days to 7- 20 days after the last dose of study drug as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 28 Jan 2015 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov record.