A 52-week, double-blind, randomised, multi-centre, phase III, parallel-group study in patients 12 years and older with asthma, evaluating the efficacy and safety of Symbicort (budesonide/formoterol) Turbuhaler 160/4.5 mcg as needed compared with Pulmicort (budesonide) Turbuhaler 200 mcg twice daily plus terbutaline Turbuhaler 0.4 mg as needed
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 13 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Budesonide/formoterol (Primary) ; Budesonide; Terbutaline
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SYGMA 2
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 06 Jul 2016 Status changed from recruiting to active, no longer recruiting.
- 15 Jan 2016 Planned End Date changed from 1 May 2017 to 1 Aug 2017 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov record.
- 15 Jan 2016 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 May 2017 to 1 Aug 2017 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov record.