A Multicenter, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Double-blind, Parallel-group, Phase 2 Clinical Trial to Evaluation the Safety and Efficacy of GR-MD-02 for the Treatment of Liver Fibrosis and Resultant Portal Hypertension in Patients With Nash Cirrhosis
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 14 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs GR MD 02 (Primary)
- Indications Liver cirrhosis; Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms NASH-CX
- Sponsors Galectin Therapeutics
- 14 Aug 2017 According to a Galectin Therapeutics media release, the company expect approximately 151 subjects will complete the trial by September 2017.
- 13 Jun 2017 According to a Galectin Therapeutics media release, this trial is being conducted with a primary endpoint that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration views may be a surrogate for outcomes for registration trials in this patient population
- 13 Jun 2017 According to a Galectin Therapeutics media release, in the third meeting the independent data safety monitoring board (DSMB), has concluded from a safety perspective that company should continue this trial. At the time of evaluation, therapy had been completed in 68% of subjects in this trial.