Phase I/IIa Dose Escalation Safety and Efficacy Study of Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Retinal Pigment Epithelium Cells Transplanted Subretinally in Patients With Advanced Dry-Form Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Geographic Atrophy)
Phase of Trial: Phase I/II
Latest Information Update: 31 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Retinal pigment epithelial cell replacement therapy-Cell Cure Neurosciences (Primary)
- Indications Dry age-related macular degeneration
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Sponsors Cell Cure Neurosciences
- 28 Aug 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Sep 2018 to 1 Sep 2019.
- 28 Aug 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 Sep 2017 to 1 Sep 2018.
- 25 Jul 2017 According to a BioTime media release, for cohort 3 optimization of the implant for cell concentration and volume is ongoing. The company expects to start enrolling patients in cohort 3 in the coming weeks and complete during the fourth quarter of 2017.