Phase I/IIa Dose Escalation Safety and Efficacy Study of Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Retinal Pigment Epithelium Cells Transplanted Subretinally in Patients With Advanced Dry-Form Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Geographic Atrophy)
Phase of Trial: Phase I/II
Latest Information Update: 25 Jul 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Retinal pigment epithelial cell replacement therapy-Cell Cure Neurosciences (Primary)
- Indications Dry age-related macular degeneration
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Sponsors Cell Cure Neurosciences
- 25 Jul 2017 According to a BioTime media release, for cohort 3 optimization of the implant for cell concentration and volume is ongoing. The company expects to start enrolling patients in cohort 3 in the coming weeks and complete during the fourth quarter of 2017.
- 25 Jul 2017 According to a BioTime media release, the Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) has authorized the Company to move forward with enrollment for cohort 3. Dr. David S. Boyer and Dr. H. Richard McDonald will lead this cohort.
- 19 Jul 2017 According to a BioTime media release, data from this trial will be presented at the 2017 American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) Annual Meeting.