A phase IIIb/IV randomized, controlled, open label, parallel group study to compare the efficacy of vancomycin therapy to extended duration fidaxomicin therapy in the sustained clinical cure of Clostridium difficile Infection in an older population
Phase of Trial: Phase III/IV
Latest Information Update: 13 Jun 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Fidaxomicin (Primary) ; Vancomycin
- Indications Clostridium infections
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms EXTEND
- Sponsors Astellas Pharma
- 25 Apr 2017 Results presented at the 27th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- 23 Apr 2017 Primary endpoint (The primary endpoint of this study is sustained clinical cure of CDI) has been met, according to a Astellas Pharma media release.
- 23 Apr 2017 Results published in a Astellas Pharma media release.