SMART Study - A 24-Week, Multicenter, Randomized, Parallel-group, Open-label, Active Controlled Phase IV Study to Assess the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Saxagliptin Compared With Acarbose When in Combination With Metformin in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2D) Inadequately Controlled With Metformin Monotherapy
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 19 Apr 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Saxagliptin (Primary) ; Acarbose
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SMART
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 16 Sep 2016 Results presented at the 52nd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
- 11 Jan 2016 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.