A Phase 2b, Placebo-Controlled, Randomized, Double-Blind, Multi-Center Study of GCS-100 in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease Caused by Diabetes
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 03 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs GCS 100 (Primary)
- Indications Renal failure
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company
- 07 May 2015 After the US FDA indicated that La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company is required to conduct additional chemical characterisation of GCS-100 prior to further clinical development, the company announced its decision to discontinue its galectin-3 inhibitor program. It will continue to treat and follow patients already enrolled in this phase IIb study but will stop enrolling new patients, according to a media release.
- 07 May 2015 Status changed from recruiting to active, no longer recruiting, according to a La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company media release.
- 18 Mar 2015 Status changed from not yet recruiting to recruiting, as reported by La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company media release.