A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Parallel-group, Multicenter Study to Demonstrate the Efficacy of Subcutaneous Secukinumab [300 mg] as Assessed by the Psoriasis Scalp Severity Index (PSSI) at 12 Weeks of Treatment, Compared to Placebo, and to Assess Safety and Tolerability up to 24 Weeks in Adult Subjects With Moderate to Severe Scalp Psoriasis
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Secukinumab (Primary)
- Indications Psoriasis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SCALP
- Sponsors Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- 02 Aug 2017 Results published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- 06 Jul 2017 According to a Novartis media release, the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) has approved Cosentyx (secukinumab) to treat psoriasis based on results from this trial.
- 06 Jan 2016 According to ClinicalTrials.gov record, status changed from active no longer recruiting to recruiting to completed.