A 48-week, Multi-center, Randomized, Open Label, Parallel Group Comparison of the Comprehensive Glycemic Control of Saxagliptin and Glimepiride in Patients Inadequately Controlled With Metformin Monotherapy patients With Type 2 Diabetes
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 01 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Glimepiride (Primary) ; Saxagliptin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- 07 Jun 2017 Biomarkers information updated
- 01 Dec 2016 Results (n=64) assessing the role of alpha and beta-cell functions, blood glucagon level in predicting the efficacy of saxagliptin, published in the Diabetes Therapy journal.
- 31 Oct 2016 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jun 2017 to 1 Oct 2017.