A Randomized, Double-blind, Multicenter Study With a Placebo-controlled Period Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Sarilumab Added to Methotrexate (MTX) in Japanese Patients With Moderately to Severely Active Rheumatoid Arthritis Who Are Inadequate Responders to MTX Therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Sarilumab (Primary)
- Indications Rheumatoid arthritis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SARIL-RA-KAKEHASI
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 22 May 2017 According to a Sanofi media release, based on the data from approximately 2,900 adults the US FDA has approved Kevzara (sarilumab) for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis who have had an inadequate response or intolerance to one or more DMARDs, such as methotrexate (MTX).
- 28 Apr 2017 According to a Regeneron Pharmaceuticals media release, the US FDA has accepted the resubmission of the Biologics License Application for sarilumab (Kevzara) as a Class I response with a two month review timeline. Per the Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA), the new target action date is May 22, 2017.
- 05 Dec 2016 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed.