Phase II trial of BI 187004 (VTP-34072) in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 17 Dec 2015
At a glance
- Drugs BI 187004 CL (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Pharmacodynamics; Pharmacokinetics; Proof of concept; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 17 Dec 2015 According to Vitae media release, company anticipated based on these earlier results, in this remaining monotherapy arm of the trial, BI187004 did not achieve the predefined primary efficacy endpoint criteria and hence, Boehringer Ingelheim has informed Vitae of its intention to terminate the program and its corresponding license agreement.
- 17 Dec 2015 Results published in Vitae Pharmaceuticals media release.
- 04 Aug 2015 Top-line efficacy results from the metformin arm have been reported, according to a Vitae Pharmaceuticals media release. Results from the ongoing, placebo-controlled monotherapy arm are expected to be reported later in 2015.