A Multi-centre, Prospective, Randomised Trial of Short Course Alendronate Therapy or Placebo Combined With Vitamin D and Calcium to Prevent Loss of Bone Mineral Density in Antiretroviral-naïve, HIV-1 Infected Subjects Initiating Antiretroviral Therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 02 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Alendronic acid (Primary) ; Calcium carbonate; Colecalciferol; Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate
- Indications Bone resorption; Metabolic bone diseases
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms APART
- 19 May 2016 Status changed from not yet recruiting to recruiting.
- 10 May 2016 Planned initiation date changed from 1 Jan 2016 to 1 May 2016.
- 02 Dec 2015 Planned initiation date changed from 1 Feb 2015 to 1 Jan 2016 as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.