A randomised, double-blind, placebo controlled study of cobiprostone in patients with proton pump inhibitor (PPI)-refractory non-erosive reflux disease (NERD) or symptomatic gastroesophageal reflux disease (sGERD)
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 22 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Cobiprostone (Primary)
- Indications Gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Sucampo Pharmaceuticals
- 19 Apr 2016 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued, as the efficacy data from the top-line results did not demonstrate significant benefit; according to a Sucampo Pharmaceuticals media release.
- 19 Apr 2016 Primary endpoint has not been met (Improvement in heartburn symptoms as determined by patient reported outcomes), as reported in a Sucampo Pharmaceuticals media release.
- 19 Apr 2016 Top-line results published in the Sucampo Pharmaceuticals media release.