A Phase III, Randomized, Multicenter, Parallel-group, Non-inferiority Study Evaluating the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Switching to Dolutegravir Plus Rilpivirine From Current INI-, NNRTI-, or PI-based Antiretroviral Regimen in HIV-1-Infected Adults Who Are Virologically Suppressed (SWORD-2)
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 06 Jan 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Dolutegravir (Primary) ; Rilpivirine (Primary)
- Indications HIV-1 infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SWORD-2
- Sponsors ViiV Healthcare
- 06 Jan 2018 Results of a pooled analysis of SWORD-1 and SWORD-2 (n=1028; Data cut-off: Nov 22, 2016) assessing the efficacy and safety of dolutegravir-rilpivirine published in The Lancet.
- 21 Nov 2017 According to a Janssen Therapeutics media release, future long-term data and analyses will be presented at upcoming medical congresses.
- 21 Nov 2017 According to a ViiV Healthcare media release, based on data from SWORD-1 and 2 US FDA has approved Juluca, indicated as a complete regimen for the maintenance treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults who are virologically suppressed (HIV-1 RNA less than 50 copies per mL) on a stable antiretroviral (ART) regimen for at least six months with no history of treatment failure and no known substitutions associated with resistance to the individual components of Juluca.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History