SURPASS: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Multicenter Study of the Efficacy, Safety, and Tolerability of Brincidofovir Versus Valganciclovir for the Prevention of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Disease in CMV Seropositive Kidney Transplant Recipients (BCV CMV vGCV)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 10 Mar 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Brincidofovir (Primary) ; Valganciclovir
- Indications Cytomegalovirus infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms BCV CMV vGCV; SURPASS
- Sponsors Chimerix
- 20 Feb 2016 According to a Chimerix media release, status changed from active, no longer recruiting to discontinued.
- 20 Feb 2016 According to a Chimerix media release, the company has elected to close the Phase 3 SUSTAIN and SURPASS trials based on review of data from SUPPRESS trial.
- 11 Jan 2016 Status changed from recruiting to active, no longer recruiting as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.