A Phase IIb, Randomised, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled, Dose-range Investigation of the Safety and Efficacy of NTCELL® [Immunoprotected (Alginate-Encapsulated) Porcine Choroid Plexus Cells for Xenotransplantation] in Patients With Parkinson's Disease
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 04 Oct 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Choroid plexus cell replacement therapy (Primary)
- Indications Parkinson's disease
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational
- Sponsors Living Cell Technologies
- 04 Oct 2016 According to a Living Cell Technologies media release, Group 1 patients successfully treated, also the company plans to complete group 2 by the end of 2016 and group 3 by the end of February 2017
- 23 Mar 2016 Status changed from not yet recruiting to recruiting, according to a Living Cell Technologies media release.
- 03 Feb 2016 According to a Living Cell Therapeutics media release, if the trial is successful, the company will apply for provisional consent to treat paying patients in New Zealand and launch NTCELL as the first disease modifying treatment for Parkinson's disease in 2017.