Efficacy and Safety of Oral Semaglutide Using a Flexible Dose Adjustment Based on Clinical Evaluation versus Sitagliptin in Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. A 52 week Randomised, Open-label, Active-controlled Trial with a 52-week Extension Phase
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 11 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Semaglutide (Primary) ; Sitagliptin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms PIONEER 7
- Sponsors Novo Nordisk
- 07 Dec 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 19 Feb 2018 to 6 Feb 2018.
- 21 Nov 2017 According to a Novo Nordisk media release, the trial is expected to be completed in 2018
- 27 Jun 2017 Planned End Date changed from 19 Mar 2019 to 31 Mar 2019.