A Phase III Randomized Open-Label Study of Single Agent Pembrolizumab vs. Physicians' Choice of Single Agent Docetaxel, Paclitaxel, or Irinotecan in Subjects with Advanced/Metastatic Adenocarcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Esophagus that have Progressed after First-Line Standard Therapy (KEYNOTE-181)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 08 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Pembrolizumab (Primary) ; Docetaxel; Irinotecan; Paclitaxel
- Indications Adenocarcinoma; Oesophageal cancer; Squamous cell cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms KEYNOTE-181
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 21 Apr 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Oct 2019 to 31 Aug 2018.
- 06 Feb 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 May 2018 to 1 Oct 2019.
- 07 Jun 2016 Trial design presented at the 52nd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology