A Randomized, Double-blind, Multi-center Study to Establish the Efficacy and Safety of Ceftobiprole Medocaril Compared to Daptomycin in the Treatment of Staphylococcus Aureus Bacteremia, Including Infective Endocarditis
Not yet recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 17 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ceftobiprole (Primary) ; Aztreonam; Daptomycin
- Indications Bacteraemia; Staphylococcal infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Basilea Pharmaceutica
- 29 Apr 2017 Status changed from planning to not yet recruiting.
- 20 Feb 2017 According to a Basilea Pharmaceutica media release, this trial will be conducted under a Special Protocol Assessment and results from this trial may support a potential regulatory filing in the US for the approval of ceftobiprole. This trial is one of the 2 studies in the phase III program of ceftobiprole.
- 20 Feb 2017 This trial is expected to begin in mid-2017, according to a Basilea Pharmaceutica media release.