A Phase IIIb/IV comparative, randomised, multi-centre, open label, parallel 3-arm clinical study to assess the safety and efficacy of repeated administration of ACT therapy (pyronaridine-artesunate or dihydroartemisinin-piperaquine will be compared to either artesunate-amodiaquine or artemether-lumefantrine)
Phase of Trial: Phase III/IV
Latest Information Update: 14 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Artesunate/pyronaridine (Primary) ; Dihydroartemisinin/piperaquine (Primary)
- Indications Malaria
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms WANECAM-EDCTP
- 20 Apr 2016 According to Medicines for Malaria Venture media release, following the EMA's initial positive scientific opinion in 2012, this trial was conducted by the West African Network for Antimalarial Drugs (WANECAM) from 2011-2016.
- 27 Oct 2015 New trial record
- 23 Oct 2015 Sub-study results published in The Lancet Infectious Diseases, as per Medicines for Malaria Venture media release.