A Phase III, Randomized, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Safety Study of Ferumoxytol Compared to Ferric Carboxymaltose for the Treatment of Iron Deficiency Anemia (IDA).
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ferumoxytol (Primary) ; Ferric carboxymaltose
- Indications Iron deficiency anaemia
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational
- Acronyms FIRM
- Sponsors AMAG Pharmaceuticals
- 03 Aug 2017 According to an AMAG Pharmaceuticals media release, AMAG Pharmaceuticals has completed the submission to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to broaden the existing label for Feraheme (ferumoxytol) to include the treatment of all adults with iron deficiency anemia (IDA) who have an intolerance or unsatisfactory response to oral iron. AMAG anticipates an FDA decision on the filing in the first half of 2018.
- 02 May 2017 Top-line results from this trial published in an AMAG Pharmaceuticals media release.
- 02 May 2017 Primary endpoint has been met. (Assessing the incidence of moderate to severe hypersensitivity reactions including anaphylaxis and of moderate to severe hypotension)
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History