A Phase 3, randomized, active-comparator controlled clinical trial to study the contraceptive efficacy and safety of the MK-8342B (etonogestrel + 17β-estradiol) vaginal ring and the levonorgestrel-ethinylestradiol (LNG-EE) 150/30 µg combined oral contraceptive (COC) in healthy women 18 years of age and older, at risk for pregnancy.
Active, no longer recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 24 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Estradiol/etonogestrel (Primary) ; Ethinylestradiol/levonorgestrel
- Indications Pregnancy
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 24 Jan 2017 This trial was discontinued in Germany (end date: 2016-10-06), according to European Clinical Trials Database.
- 25 Nov 2016 This trial was discontinued in Poland (end date: 2016-10-06), according to European Clinical Trials Database.
- 21 Nov 2016 This trial was completed Netherlands (end date: 2016-10-06), according to European Clinical Trials Database.