A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy, Safety, and Pharmacokinetics of Femoral Nerve Block With EXPAREL for Postsurgical Analgesia in Subjects Undergoing Total Knee Arthroplasty
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 12 Sep 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Bupivacaine (Primary)
- Indications Postoperative pain
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Pacira Pharmaceuticals
- 09 Sep 2017 This trial has been completed in Denmark (end date: 27 Jun 2017).
- 06 Sep 2017 The trial has been completed in Belgium (End Date:2017-06-27).
- 02 Aug 2017 According to a Pacira Pharmaceuticals media release, the results of this and another phase III trial (see CT 269389) safety and pharmacokinetic data through 120 days, and data from other peripheral nerve block comparator studies will serve as the basis of an sNDA submission to the US FDA later this year, seeking expansion of the EXPAREL label to include administration via nerve block.