A Phase II Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study of GBT440 to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics and Effect on Hypoxemia in Subjects With Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF)
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 13 Nov 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Voxelotor (Primary)
- Indications Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Focus Adverse reactions; Proof of concept
- Sponsors Global Blood Therapeutics
- 23 Oct 2017 According to a company media release, Global Blood Therapeutics has announced the discontinuation of its GBT440 program for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). This decision is based on results from three proof-of-concept studies, including a Phase 1 study in healthy volunteers called Basecamp and two Phase 2a studies in patients with IPF called GBT440-006 and ZEPHYR.
- 23 Oct 2017 Status changed from recruiting to discontinued according to a Global Blood Therapeutics media release.
- 14 Sep 2016 According to a Global Blood Therapeutics media release, data from this trial are expected in the second half of 2017.