A Phase III Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study Assessing the Efficacy, Safety and Tolerability of Idebenone in Patients With Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Receiving Glucocorticoid Steroids
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 20 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Idebenone (Primary)
- Indications Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SIDEROS
- Sponsors Santhera Pharmaceuticals
- 16 May 2017 According to a Santhera Pharmaceuticals media release, information from this trial will be presented at the 113th American Thoracic Society (ATS) International Conference.
- 24 Feb 2017 According to a Santhera Pharmaceuticals media release, the company anticipates that the trial will be fully enrolled by the end of 2017, and if successful the study will provide data that supports the use of idebenone in all DMD patients experiencing respiratory decline irrespective of their glucocorticoid use or genetic mutation.
- 28 Sep 2016 According to a Santhera Pharmaceuticals media release, first patient has been enrolled in this study.