A Phase 3 Single Arm Study Evaluating the Efficacy and Safety of Gene Therapy in Subjects With Transfusion-dependent β-Thalassemia, Who Have a β0/β0 Genotype, by Transplantation of Autologous CD34+ Stem Cells Transduced Ex Vivo With a Lentiviral βA-T87Q-Globin Vector in Subjects ≥12 and ≤50 Years of Age
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 16 Nov 2017
At a glance
- Drugs BB305 beta-globin gene therapy bluebird bio (Primary)
- Indications Beta-thalassaemia
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms Northstar-3
- Sponsors bluebird bio
- 16 Nov 2017 According to a bluebird bio media release, first patient has been treated in this trial.
- 29 Jun 2017 Status changed from planning to recruiting.
- 22 Feb 2017 According to a bluebird bio media release, this trial is expected to initiate in the second half of 2017.