A Randomized, Double-blind, Multicenter Study to Establish the Safety and Efficacy of Ceftobiprole Medocaril Compared With Vancomycin Plus Aztreonam in the Treatment of Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections
Not yet recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 11 Oct 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ceftobiprole (Primary) ; Aztreonam; Vancomycin
- Indications Skin and soft tissue infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Basilea Pharmaceutica
- 23 Feb 2017 New trial record
- 20 Feb 2017 This trial is expected to begin in mid-2017, according to a Basilea Pharmaceutica media release.
- 20 Feb 2017 According to a Basilea Pharmaceutica media release, this trial will be conducted under a Special Protocol Assessment and results from this trial may support a potential regulatory filing in the US for the approval of ceftobiprole. This trial is one of the 2 studies in the phase III program of ceftobiprole.