An open-label clinical trial to evaluate PEC-Encap (VC-01) for safety and definitive evidence of efficacy for patients with type 1 diabetes who are at high risk for acute life-threatening complications.
Not yet recruiting
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 29 May 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Pancreatic beta cell replacement therapy-ViaCyte (Primary)
- Indications Type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- 29 May 2017 New trial record
- 22 May 2017 According to a ViaCyte media release, the U.S. FDA has allowed the company's IND Application for the PEC-Direct product candidate as a potential cure for patients with type 1 diabetes who are at high risk for acute life-threatening complications, ViaCyte has also received a No Objection Letter from Health Canada, providing clearance to proceed with the clinical trial of the PEC-Direct product candidate in Canada as well.
- 22 May 2017 According to a ViaCyte media release, Dr. Jeremy Pettus is principle investigator at UC San Diego, the trial will be performed at the School of Medicine's Altman Clinical Trials Research Institute with support from the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM)'s Alpha Clinic and the Sanford Stem Cell Clinical Center.