A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Phase III Clinical Trial of Pembrolizumab (MK-3475) in Combination with Cisplatin and 5-Fluorouracil versus Placebo in Combination with Cisplatin and 5-Fluorouracil as First-Line Treatment in Subjects with Advanced/Metastatic Esophageal Carcinoma (KEYNOTE-590)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Cisplatin (Primary) ; Fluorouracil (Primary) ; Pembrolizumab (Primary)
- Indications Adenocarcinoma; Oesophageal cancer; Squamous cell cancer
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms KEYNOTE-590
- Sponsors Merck Sharp & Dohme
- 10 Aug 2017 Planned End Date changed from 23 Nov 2020 to 3 Feb 2022.
- 10 Aug 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 23 Nov 2020 to 4 Dec 2020.
- 10 Aug 2017 Status changed from not yet recruiting to recruiting.