A phase III trial of PPP001 (smokeable marijuana) in terminal cancer patients
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 13 Dec 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Marijuana (Primary)
- Indications Cancer pain; Neuropathic pain
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Tetra Bio Pharma
- 13 Dec 2017 Planned number of patients changed to 946.
- 09 Dec 2017 According to a Tetra Bio Pharma media release, the Company has accepted the suggestion of Health Canada to change the order of its clinical trial application (CTA) review process. As such, the quality certification for the manufacturing of PPP001 will take place prior to the approval of its clinical trial protocol as Health Canada assesses its partner Aphria's operations for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for pharmaceutical products.
- 09 Dec 2017 According to a Tetra Bio Pharma media release, the company has received approval for the ethics review board on November 6th and subsequently submitted a Clinical Trial Application (CTA) for this Phase 3 clinical trial in cancer patients.