Characteristics and Cardiovascular and Mortality Outcomes in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Initiating Treatment With Sodium-glucose Co-transporter-2 Inhibitors (SGLT-2i) and Other Glucose Lowering Drugs
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 15 Sep 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Canagliflozin (Primary) ; Dapagliflozin (Primary) ; Empagliflozin (Primary)
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Adverse reactions
- Acronyms CVD-REAL
- Sponsors AstraZeneca
- 31 Dec 2017 Planned End Date changed from 1 Jun 2017 to 31 Dec 2017.
- 31 Dec 2017 Planned primary completion date changed from 1 Jun 2017 to 31 Dec 2017.
- 15 Sep 2017 Results (n= 77,074) assessing association between hospitalisations and the use of dapagliflozin or DPP4 inhibitors, presented at the 53rd Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes