At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Neuroprotectants; Nootropics
- Mechanism of Action Nicotinic receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 15 Oct 2003 A preclinical study has been added to the Alzheimer's disease and Cognition disorders pharmacodynamics section
- 04 Aug 2003 Preclinical studies have been added to the adverse events and Alzheimer's disease and Cognition disorders pharmacodynamics sections
- 16 Dec 1999 SIBIA Neurosciences has been acquired by, and integrated into, Merck & Co.