Research programme: macrolide antibacterials - GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: 4"-O-Arylalkenyl-8a-aza-8a-homoerythromycins azalides; Anti-inflammatory macrolides - GlaxoSmithKline; Macrolide antibacterials research programme: GlaxoSmithKline; PLD-146; PLR 1; PLR-18
Latest Information Update: 19 May 2008
Price : *
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline; PLIVA d.d.
- Developer GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Macrolides
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 19 May 2008 Discontinued - Preclinical for Bacterial infections in European Union (unspecified route)
- 05 May 2006 GlaxoSmithKline acquires the research arm of PLIVA
- 20 Jul 2005 This programme is still in active development