Calcitonin inhalation - Otsuka PharmaceuticalAlternative Names: Calcitonin ODPI - Otsuka Pharmaceutical; OPC-246; OPC-249
Latest Information Update: 02 Sep 2015
Price : $50 *
At a glance
- Originator Otsuka Pharmaceutical
- Class Antihypercalcaemics; Calcium regulators; Neuropeptides; Osteoporosis therapies; Peptide hormones
- Mechanism of Action Calcitonin receptor agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Musculoskeletal pain
Most Recent Events
- 20 Jul 2012 The European Medicines Agency recommended that due to an increased risk of cancer associated with long-term use, calcitonin medicines should only be used for the shortest possible time using the minimum effective dose .
- 26 Feb 2009 Inhaled calcitonin is still in phase II trials for pain due to osteoporosis (Musculoskeletal pain) in Japan