A Phase III, Multicenter, Multinational, Randomized, Parallel Group, Double-Blind Trial of Clopidogrel Versus Placebo in High-Risk Patients Aged 45 Years and Older, at Risk of Atherothrombotic Events, and Who Are Receiving Background Therapy Including Low-Dose ASA [apirin].
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 20 Apr 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Clopidogrel (Primary)
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Coronary artery disease; Embolism and thrombosis; Stroke; Transient ischaemic attacks
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CHARISMA
- Sponsors Sanofi-Synthelabo
- 24 Sep 2009 Results of the genomics substudy were presented at the 21st Annual Scientific Symposium on Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT).
- 01 Sep 2009 Results from a cost-effectiveness analyses were published in Value in Health 12: 872-879, No. 6, Sep 2009
- 21 Oct 2008 New trial results published in Circulation.