A phase II, randomized, open-label study to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of two antiretroviral therapeutic strategies: a dual PI-based HAART regimen versus a multi-NRTI ART regimen, in ART-experienced children and youth who have experienced virologic failure.
Phase of Trial: Phase II
Latest Information Update: 18 May 2012
At a glance
- Drugs Abacavir (Primary) ; Emtricitabine (Primary) ; Lopinavir/ritonavir (Primary) ; Saquinavir (Primary) ; Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (Primary) ; Lamivudine; Zidovudine
- Indications HIV infections
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 20 Apr 2012 Actual patient number 6 added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 28 Sep 2008 Actual end date (May 2007) added as reported by CT.gov