International, Randomized, Multicenter, Phase IIIb Study in Patients With Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis Comparing Over a Treatment Period of 104 Weeks: 1. Double-Blinded Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of Betaseron/ Betaferon 250 microg (8 MIU) and Betaseron/-Betaferon 500 microg (16 MIU), Both Given Subcutaneously Every Other Day, and 2. Rater-Blinded Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy of Betaseron/-Betaferon s.c. Every Other Day With Copaxone 20 mg s.c. Once Daily.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 01 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Interferon beta-1b (Primary) ; Glatiramer acetate
- Indications Multiple sclerosis
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms BEYOND
- Sponsors Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- 12 Oct 2015 Results published in the JAMA Neurology
- 01 Feb 2012 Results reporting neutralising antibody titres published in the Multiple Sclerosis Journal.
- 10 Sep 2009 Results investigating the effects of treatment on the incidence of depression have been presented at 25th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History