A randomized, double-blind study of safety and reduction in signs and symptoms during treatment with tocilizumab monotherapy versus methotrexate monotherapy in patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 08 Nov 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Tocilizumab (Primary) ; Methotrexate
- Indications Rheumatoid arthritis
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms AMBITION; AMBITION-LTE
- Sponsors Roche
- 08 Nov 2017 Results (n=319) assessing the effect of tocilizumab and methotrexate on tissue remodeling using serum of the patients from this trial, presented at the 81st American College of Rheumatology and the 52nd Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals Annual Scientific Meeting.
- 08 Jun 2017 Results assessing liver safety with long-term tocilizumab treatment for rheumatoid arthritis using pooled data (n= 4171) from five core phase 3 placebo-controlled studies (OPTION, TOWARD, LITHE, AMBITION, RADIATE), a clinical pharmacology study (NCT00365001), a phase 4 study (ADACTA) or long-term extension studies, published in the Arthritis and Rheumatology Journal.
- 01 Dec 2016 Results (n=134) of the 5-year LTE study of AMBITION study, published in The Journal of Rheumatology
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History