A Randomized, Double-Blind, Multi-Center Study Comparing the Effects of Carvedilol Modified Release Formulation (COREG MR) and Atenolol in Combination With and Compared to an Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor (Lisinopril) on Left Ventricular Mass Regression in Hypertensive Patients With Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (LVH)
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 15 Dec 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Carvedilol (Primary) ; Atenolol; Lisinopril
- Indications Left ventricular hypertrophy
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms CLEVER
- Sponsors GlaxoSmithKline
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 10 Nov 2009 Actual number of patients (413) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 09 Oct 2008 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed, as reported by Clinicaltrials.gov.