A phase III randomized, open-label study of CG1940 and CG8711 [cancer vaccine-GVAX] versus docetaxel [Taxotere] and prednisone in patients with metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer who are chemotherapy-naive
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 09 Sep 2016
At a glance
- Drugs Docetaxel (Primary) ; Prednisone (Primary) ; Tumour cell vaccine-GVAX (Primary)
- Indications Prostate cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VITAL-1
- 28 Feb 2009 Final results were presented at the ASCO 2009 Genitourinary Cancers Symposium.
- 17 Oct 2008 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to discontinued (Independent Data Monitoring Committee showed that the trial had less than 30% chance of meeting its primary endpoint).
- 29 Sep 2008 Checked against clinicltrials.gov record.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History