The Insulin Resistance Intervention after Stroke Trial A randomized, placebo-controlled trial of pioglitazone, compared with placebo, for prevention of stroke and myocardial infarction after ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 26 Jun 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Pioglitazone (Primary)
- Indications Myocardial infarction; Stroke
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms IRIS
- 26 Jun 2018 Results presented at the 78th Annual Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association
- 01 Jan 2018 Results assessing effects of pioglitazone on cognitive function, published in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry.
- 30 Oct 2017 Results of planned secondary analysis assessing efficacy published in the Circulation.