The study comparing the incidence of cardiovascular events between high-dose ARB [angiotensin II receptor antagonists] monotherapy and combination therapy with ARB and calcium channel blocker in Japanese elderly hypertensive patients at high cardiovascular risk.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 01 Mar 2015
At a glance
- Drugs Olmesartan medoxomil (Primary) ; Amlodipine; Azelnidipine; Calcium channel antagonists
- Indications Cardiovascular disorders; Hypertension
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms OSCAR
- 05 Apr 2011 Results presented as a late-breaking abstract at the 60th Annual Scientific Session of the American College of Cardiology.
- 04 Oct 2010 Status changed from active, no longer recruiting to completed as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 11 Jul 2007 Status changed from recruiting to in progress.