Randomized, double-blind, multicenter study to compare the safety and efficacy of viramidine [taribavirin; Valeant Pharmaceuticals International] to ribavirin in treatment-naive patients with chronic hepatitis C
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 13 Jul 2018
At a glance
- Drugs Taribavirin (Primary) ; Peginterferon alfa-2b; Ribavirin
- Indications Hepatitis C
- Focus Adverse reactions; Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms VISER1
- Sponsors Bausch Health Companies
- 21 Jun 2012 Additional lead trial investigator (Ralph T. Doyle) identified as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 01 Sep 2009 Primary endpoint 'Sustained virological response rate' has not been met.
- 25 Mar 2008 The expected completion date for this trial is now 1 Jan 2006.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History