ONTARGET ONgoing Telmisartan Alone and in Combination With Ramipril Global Endpoint Trial A Large, Simple Randomized Trial of an Angiotensin II Receptor Antagonist (Telmisartan) and an ACE-Inhibitor (Ramipril) in Patients at High Risk for Cardiovascular Events and TRANSCEND Telmisartan Randomized AssessmeNt Study in aCE iNtolerant Subjects With Cardiovascular Disease. A Parallel Study Comparing the Effects of Telmisartan With Placebo and Outcomes in Patients at High Risk for Cardiovascular Events and Intolerant to ACE-I.
Phase of Trial: Phase IV
Latest Information Update: 07 Apr 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Telmisartan (Primary) ; Ramipril
- Indications Angina pectoris; Cardiovascular disorders; Hypertension; Intermittent claudication; Left ventricular hypertrophy; Unstable angina pectoris
- Focus Pharmacodynamics; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms TRANS; TRANSCEND
- Sponsors Boehringer Ingelheim
- 01 Jul 2015 Results published in the Journal of Internal Medicine.
- 25 Jul 2011 Subgroup analysis results published in the Diabetes Care.
- 30 Aug 2010 A late-breaking analysis reviewing 21 trials, including TRANSCEND, was presented at the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Congress, according to a European Society of Cardiology media release.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History