A multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the efficacy and safety of WelChol [colesevelam] in type 2 diabetics with inadequate glycemic control on sulfonylurea monotherapy or sulfonylurea therapy in combination with other oral anti-diabetic agents.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 14 Aug 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Colesevelam (Primary) ; Antihyperglycaemics; Metformin
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Daiichi Sankyo Inc
- 31 Aug 2018 Biomarkers information updated
- 17 Jan 2012 Actual end date ( Aug 2006) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 02 Nov 2006 Status change