A multinational, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study to assess the efficacy of ciclesonide metered-dose inhaler at a daily dose of 160 microg administered either in a once-daily in the morning regimen (160 microg qd AM) for 16 weeks or in a 160 microg qd AM regimen for 12 weeks preceded by a twice-daily regimen (80 microg bid) for 4 weeks, or in an 80 microg bid regimen for 16 weeks, in adults and adolescents with mild to moderate persistent asthma not treated with steroids.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 02 Jun 2011
At a glance
- Drugs Ciclesonide (Primary)
- Indications Asthma
- Focus Adverse reactions; Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Sanofi
- 20 May 2009 Results reported at the 105th International Conference of the American Thoracic Society.
- 22 Dec 2008 Actual patient number (708) added as reported by ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 20 Apr 2007 Status changed from in progress to completed.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History