A one-year, open, randomized, parallel, three-arm study comparing Exubera (insulin dry powder pulmonary inhaler) vs Avandia (rosiglitazone maleate) as add-on therapy vs Exubera substitution of sulfonylurea in patients with type 2 diabetes, poorly controlled on combination sulfonylurea and metformin treatment.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 06 Jun 2008
At a glance
- Drugs Insulin; Metformin; Rosiglitazone; Sulfonylureas
- Indications Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Focus Therapeutic Use
- Sponsors Pfizer
- 07 Aug 2007 Status changed from in progress to completed.
- 12 Jun 2007 Status changed from recruiting to in progress.
- 11 Dec 2005 New trial record.