A prospective, multicenter, double-blind with in-house blinding, randomized, comparative study to evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability, of ertapenem versus piperacillin/tazobactam in the treatment of diabetic foot infections in adults.
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 20 Feb 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Ertapenem (Primary) ; Piperacillin/tazobactam
- Indications Bacterial infections; Diabetic foot ulcer; Skin and soft tissue infections
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- Acronyms SIDESTEP
- Sponsors Merck & Co
- 26 Apr 2007 Status changed from in progress to completed.
- 11 Dec 2005 New trial record.
Most Recent Events
Table of Contents
- At a glance
- Trial Overview
- Trial Details
- Trial Centres
- Trial History