A randomized trial comparing preservation of function status after either Medpulser electroporation with intratumoral bleomycin therapy [Selective Electrochemical Tumor Ablation, SECTA; Inovio Biomedical Corporation] or surgery in patients with locally recurrent or second primary squamous cell carcinoma of the base of the tongue, posterior lateral pharyngeal wall, hypopharnyx, or larynx that have failed primary curative therapy
Phase of Trial: Phase III
Latest Information Update: 03 Oct 2017
At a glance
- Drugs Bleomycin (Primary)
- Indications Head and neck cancer
- Focus Registrational; Therapeutic Use
- 23 Jul 2012 Interim results were presented at the 8th International Conference on Head and Neck Cancer in Toronto.
- 23 Jul 2012 Primary endpoint 'Quality-of-life' has been met.
- 06 Dec 2007 Status changed from recruiting to suspended.